- 1 small to medium pumpkin, peeled, deseeded and chopped
- 1 onion, sliced
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 3-4 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable or coconut oil
- Sea salt and black pepper to season
- Lime juice and chopped chilli to taste (optional)
- Heat the oven to 200 degrees Celcius.
- Toss the pumpkin or squash in a roasting tin with 1 tablespoon of oil, then roast for 30 minutes until golden and tender.
- Put the remaining oil in a saucepan with the onion and ginger.
- Cook on a medium heat for a few minutes until softened.
- Stir in the curry paste for 1 minute, followed by the roasted pumpkin and the rest of your ingredients aside from 3 tablespoons of the coconut milk.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes. Then blitz with a stick blender until smooth.
- Return the pan to heat through, seasoning with pepper and optional lime juice.
- Serve in bowls drizzled with the remaining coconut milk, and scatter with chilli and toasted pumpkin seeds (optional).
Find this recipe and more pumpkin recipes in Hubbub's Eat Your Pumpkin Recipe Book: It's time to squash food waste.