- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp golden syrup
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 400g cooked chickpeas (tinned)
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- In a small cup, mix together the lemon juice, golden syrup and soy sauce. Put it aside.
- Heat up the olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the chickpeas and fry them until they start to turn gold and pop around a bit. This will take 3 to 5 minutes.
- When the chickpeas are cooked pour the lemon juice mixture over them and stir.
- Let the mixture evaporate a bit (30 seconds) and then add all the spices.
- Stir them and let them fry together for another 30 seconds and then turn off the heat.
BAKED CHICKPEAS: mix the chickpeas with all the ingredients in a bowl, make sure they are all well-seasoned. Bake them in the oven for 20 mins at 180C until crispy but not hard.
More information about the Brighton & Hove Food Partnership and their 'Keen for Beans' campaign can be found here.