- 80g finely ground oats or oat flour
- 80g ground dessicated coconut + 1 tablespoon for garnish
- 125g tinned mango pulp or pureed fresh mango
- 10ml date syrup or sweetener (depending on how sweet the mango pulp is)
- ½ teaspoon cardamom powder or cinnamon powder (optional)
- pinch of salt
- Line a baking tray - you want this to fit in your fridge.
- Heat a frying pan then add the oats and toast gently.
- Add the 80g of ground coconut and salt. Mix and cook for a minute or two until it lightly browns. Turn off heat.
- Put the mango pulp in a bowl with the cardamom or cinnamon then slowly stir in the oat and coconut mix. You want a thick dough like texture so be careful adding the mango - go bit by bit. If it gets too wet you can add more ground oats.
- Transfer to a lined baking tray.
- Press it down gently and roll out into a square or rectangle and put in the fridge for at least an hour to firm up.
- Slice into small squares to serve.
Download the PDF version of this recipe here.