- 1.5 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2-3 large leeks, washed and sliced (about 250g prepared weight)
- 2 large potatoes, washed and diced, skin on (about 400g prepared weight)
- 400ml water
- 1 tsp bouillon powder
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs or 1tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 600ml semi-skimmed milk (could be swapped for plant-based milk of choice)
- 200g frozen peas
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the leeks and potatoes, and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the water, bouillon powder and herbs and simmer until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the milk and peas and heat through until the peas are cooked.
- Sieve, mash or blend the soup (or leave it as is).
For babies: don't add the bouillon powder until after you have taken out the baby's portion and allows the soup to cool before serving.