- 1 tin chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons tahini (sesame paste)
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- paprika, chopped parsley and sesame seeds to garnish
- Combine all ingredients in an electric food processor and blend until smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasoning to your liking. To make the hummus creamier, add in a little bit of water.
- Garnish with another drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle paprika, parsley and sesame seeds on top.
- Serve with warm pita bread, tortilla chips or crudités.
Visit the Meat Free Monday website for more information.