The EU’s trade policy is currently the best example of successfully enforcing standards of environmental protection, animal welfare and climate resilience in trade.
- International environmental rules supported through trade policy, include the Framework Convention on Climate Change, the 2015 Paris Agreement and The Convention on Biological Diversity.
- EU trade deals contain rules on trade and sustainable development and include:
- Following international and environment standards and agreements
- Encouraging trade that supports tackling climate change.
- The EU also uses its trade agreements to promote sustainable public procurement.