Explore what sort of ecosystem services farms can deliver and invest in diversification, which can include:
- Moving to a mixed farming system which makes the best use of nutrients and improves soil quality.
- Implementing land management changes to help flood management.
- Providing additional green infrastructure. From small-scale spaces such as hedgerows, stone walls and green roofs to very large areas such as high nature value farmland, multi-use forests and Natura 2000 areas.
- Reducing stocking densities in line with the carrying capacity of the farm to reduce costs and environmental pressures
- Collaborate with other farming organisations to promote better farming, including engaging with government.